Auxiliary Power Units
Why Get an APU?
In the United States, the federal Department of Transportation regulations require 10 hours of rest for every 11 hours of driving. Truck drivers are often forced to idle their trucks during required rest periods to provide heat, air conditioning, or electricity for other applications.
An estimated 15.5 million heavy-duty trucks operate on U.S. highways, so reducing the amount of fuel wasted on idling can have a significant impact on our energy efficiency and security. Now that the No Idle Law and Idling Regulations are in effect for many states, the APU truck generators are becoming a must for compliance and cost effectiveness for truck drivers.
Installing an APU unit will allow you eliminate your idle time and save a lot of money on fuel. An idling truck on average will consume about 1 gal of fuel per hour, an APU will consume about 1/10 of a gallon per hour. Multiply that by the number of hours of idle in a day, week, month, and year, and the numbers speak for themselves.
Advantage of an APU
- Reduces emissions and truck noise
- Reduces engine running time by as much as 50%
- Reduces cost of fuel idle time by 75%
- Allows the lights to be left on when the vehicle is parked
- Warms the engine and avoids cold starts
- Recharges the vehicle's batteries and increasing its battery life
- Provides heating, electrical, and air conditioning power
- Complies with local idling regulations
- Saves on cost on fuel and maintenance
- Increases the resale value of your vehicle
- Prevents exhaust from entering the cab
- Can be easily installed by a certified diesel mechanic
We Want to Help
10-4 Financing partnered up with several direct manufacturers and distributors of APU units across the country and we have the ability to finance both the cost and the installation of these units. The average cost for a unit will run anywhere from $7,000-$9,000 depending on the unit specs and manufacturers. We can help you finance these units with a low-affordable monthly payment.
Click here to fill out a simple one page credit application and we will have an answer for you within 2 hours of receiving the application.